Young people’s voices matter. At the Centre for Youth Policy
and Education Practice (CYPEP), we want to amplify young people’s voices through our Youth Reference Group (YRG).
WHAT WILL YOU DO AS A MEMBER OF THE YRG?
Members of the YRG will meet regularly (up to four times a year) with CYPEP researchers to:
- Provide advice on issues of importance to young people and their education
- Help CYPEP set our agenda on youth issues of concern to you
- Co-develop and road test research ideas with other young people
WHAT WILL JOINING THE YRG GIVE YOU?
In recognition of your contribution to the YRG, we will provide you with:
- An influential platform where you can speak up about issues that affect young people
- Opportunities to build skills for your career and network with like-minded young people
- Written references attesting to your personal contribution to the YRG
- Pizza, snacks and a gift voucher at each meeting
HOW DO I JOIN?
To apply, all you need to do is send us a short (three minute) video by the 12th of July that includes:
- Some information about yourself (e.g., your age, where you live, and something about your background)
- Why you would like to be a member of the YRG
- Your take on ONE key issue affecting young people in Australia today
Centre for Youth Policy and Education Practice