Written by Jenny
Sometimes, studying can be overwhelming for me. I write down the things I want to achieve today and achieve this week and realised there was quite a bit to do since it’s week 12.
These are 12 things I tell myself when I feel a little demotivated and a little overwhelmed. These are my own things and they may not apply to you. I am sharing this in hope you can find some of it hopeful.
- You are very lucky and privileged to have access to almost unlimited knowledge and you should appreciate that.
- Be one of those rare people who step over their insecurities and succeed.
- “Everything you want is on the other side of fear” George Addair
- You will know what to do as soon as you start. Ideas and motivation doesn’t just appear from inactivity.
- Make yourself proud.
- One hour every day doesn’t feel like much but it’s 365 hours a year.
- It’s not supposed to be easy. Nothing good is easy.
- If you had a child or younger sibling to look after, you’d make them study because you want them to accomplish something. Love yourself.
- Let the process be your result.
- Maybe you think that you can never find something to use your skills, mindset and knowledge for. But if you continue to invest in what matters to you, it will find its way out there.
- Wake up with determination, go to bed with satisfaction
- You are good enough
If you find something like this will be helpful, feel free to make your own list and display it somewhere you can see when you don’t want to study.
To help you get started, here are some exam resources:
- (Monash) All about exams
- (Monash) Prepping for exams
- (Monash) Exam tutorial
- (Monash) Studying smarter, not harder (YouTube)
- (ScapeGoat) Healthy sleeping patterns
- (ScapeGoat) Tips from a serial procrastinator
- (ScapeGoat) Study tips
- (Library) HAL drop in sessions
Best of luck for week 12!